U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Responsible for operations and maintenance of nearly 200 land ports of entry (LPOEs), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Facilities Management and Engineering Directorate (FM&E) ensures that LPOE facilities function effectively, safely, and efficiently in order to facilitate lawful international travel and trade.
CBP engaged Acuity to help the agency apply its facilities management program consistently across the Field Operations Facilities (FOF) Program Management Office (PMO). Within days of engagement, Acuity deployed 35 employees to eight FM&E locations throughout the U.S. Acuity’s primary tasks included:
- Facilitating project planning support and cost analysis.
- Providing project management, communication, and organization change management support.
- Developing an implementation plan and providing planning, risk management, and schedule support.
- Providing policies, processes, and procedures reports; identifying best practices; and reengineering financial management processes.
- Supporting coordination and development of the FOF PMO’s library of design standards.
- Updating data for CBP-owned facilities and other infrastructure.
- Developing and updating the Mobile Workforce for FOF to use in transitioning responsibility for facility O&M from another federal agency.
- Providing environmental project management to support FOF’s facility management program.
- Multiple U.S. Customs and Border Protection Locations
- Program Management
- Cost Estimating
- Risk Management
WE ALSO SUPPORTED CBP’S SECURE BORDER INITIATIVE PROGRAM:
- Developing independent government cost estimates (IGCEs), current program estimates, and rough order of magnitude estimates
- Estimating lifecycle costs
- Supporting the development of cost estimating baseline documents
- Creating and integrating program estimates to secure the entire border as described in the Southwest Border Plan
- Creating estimates and documents for cost-benefit and return on investment analysis
- Developing and maintaining work breakdown structures
- Performing what-if scenario estimates based on anticipated funding availability
- Supporting source selection by performing proposal versus IGCE reconciliations
Discuss Your Project With An Expert
Speak with one of our consulting experts and learn how we can help support your next mission. From initial planning to post-completion claims, or in response to accidents and natural disasters, our independent, expert analysis and oversight help our clients successfully navigate even the most complex project.Contact Us Today